Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can't teach an old whore new tricks

Nice to see that Kit Bond is still bringing home the bacon.

The six trucks were made by Smith Electric Vehicles in the United Kingdom, but future all-electric trucks for the U.S. market are expected to come from Kansas City in Bond's home state, where the company set up its U.S. headquarters this year. A new assembly line, in a former TWA hangar at the Kansas City International Airport, is expected to create 120 jobs by next year.


I've always appreciated Bond's efforts to fill Missouri's trough. It doesn't make me like his politics. Or think it's ok that the Missouri Dems wouldn't seriously challenge him. But I do worry about us losing that service since McCaskill considers herself above such matters, Roy Blunt is a right wing nut, and I have no reason to believe that Robin Carnahan can equal Bond's commitment to the issue. I've resigned myself in the short term to the fact that I can't reasonably hope for a Missouri Senator (D) to represent such wacky notions as the rule of law, but I'd at least like to see some pork.

h/t BP via the glorious google talk

No comments:

Post a Comment